Before After
**CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO SEE MORE**
Got this bench from.....golly a local auction, I think. First thing was to remove the bench top from the legs. That was easy enough. What surprised me, and not really shown in these photos, is that someone had already removed the bench top and had turned it upside down before attaching it to the legs. See how shiny the "bottom" is??? That's supposed to be the top!
Also, once again whomever did this job used waaaaaayyyyy tooooooo many staples. I could remove only a few. The rest of them would break and then I was using pliers trying to get out the sharp points. That only worked about ten percent of the time. I ended up doing the very uncouth action of simply hammering in the pointed ends. I went over all the edges with my hand to identify and remedy any remaining sharp points or edges.
I toyed with applying some kind of coating over the left-in staples. I was considering some kind of caulk, or wood putty, or even duct tape. Finally decided to do none of those things.
Below was my initial trim of the upholstery fabric. I ended up cutting it all down further on all sides. Saved the foam from the original cushion and just re-used it.
TA-DA!!!!
Oh.....I did paint the legs with Fusion Paint. Put one coat of clear wax on it and buffed it. This is the result.
No comments:
Post a Comment