▼

Saturday, December 4, 2021

Radio to Coffee Station/Game and Quilt Storage Cabinet/Nightstand...

 

  .......TO.....  


Found an old radio on the local auction site. Won it. Record console sat on the center pull-out. Speakers on the bottom middle. Took that all out. AM/FM tuning in the upper right flip-up lid. Kept the brass detailing as it was so cool! Meticulously removed, stored, and cleaned all hardware before reassembling the piece.

**To purchase, please see FB marketplace Staunton, VA**

Removing the speaker boards was not easy or straightforward. What in the world are these kind of diabolical fasteners called? They were the main reason why this took so long....I needed some dedicated time to work on them.






Then I had to take off all the hardware and devise a system to keep it all organized and together. So I did!



This was the console that is on rails and slides out. It used to hold the record player. I decided to just cover the defect instead of making a brand new one. Used a lot of wood glue and not very many brads to secure. And clamps.




Started painting. Did the inside first. Took three coats on it all. I didn't quite have enough paint so had to get more. Luckily the vendor I buy from had more of the same white color...I know these days paint in box stores is hard to come by or is very expensive. In the second photo you can tell where more coats of paint have been applied.




Like I said, I wanted to use as much original as possible. I did install a couple of extra shelves in the piece to give it more functionality as a cabinet-storage unit. One of the shelves was installed beneath this cool brass frame. I figured I'd leave on the interior Firestone paper.






And of course, I added casters because casters and coffee are always the correct decision.


















No comments:

Post a Comment